Monday, December 8, 2008

sometimes christmas makes me cry



I love this song! I find myself crying alot at Christmas time and it's not because I'm sad it's because I have so much to be thankful for it's unreal!
Every year for the past 10 years I've been involved in helping out at the Single Moms Christmas at our church. It's so much fun, hard work but so rewarding.
Every year I cry before and after because I'm amazed each year how good God is. Christmas is so much more than gifts and decorations and shopping. It's about giving and that is what Jesus came for to give us life.
We are getting ready to have the Single Moms and Dad's Christmas this coming weekend and I'm so excited. I was at the church tonight and I'll be there on and off this week helping get ready for it and as I was looking at the boxes and all the things that God supplies for this event is amazing. I can't wait for Saturday when a child gets a bike, a toy that they wanted, or to recieve a hug from one of the children because they are so thankful. To be able to see the moms faces when they pick up their children after they have been blessed beyond measure, it's all worth it. That is why sometimes Christmas makes me cry. Because we get so out of wack sometimes that we just miss the whole point of it all.
Every year I tell my husband that I don't want anything for Christmas and that's the truth and he always ask me why but I tell him as long as I can go and help at the Single Mom/Dad Christmas and see those children be blessed that's all I need.
I know most of you on here are helping with this on Saturday and I'm ready I hope you guys are too! Merry Christmas !