Sunday, December 14, 2008

Overwhelmed with God's Blessings

Well as many of you know this past weekend was our Single Mom/Dad Christmas at the church. It was really awesome as it is every year but each year I'm amazed of how good God is. I'm exhausted from it all but I'm so blessed to have been apart of it all. I can not even begin to tell you all the things that took place but I do have to share a few things because I'm about ready to bust!!!!
Well first of all Saturday we had some prizes to give away (bikes and a Ninetendo DS) the kids were thrilled about that,but they only saw the bikes not the DS.
Well there was this little girl who didn't want to come in the class she wanted to stay with her mom, which is understandable never had been there before kinda scared, but we talked her into coming. Well when everyone got there we sat in a circle and told our names and something that we really wanted for Christmas, and that girl said that she wanted a DS(not knowing that we were going to be giving one away)Isn't God good! Well when we were playing our game to get the door prizes she landed on # 39 and guess what number we drew out of the box? That's right # 39!!! You should have seen her face she was blown away. God knows what each one of us need or want and we may not always get those things like she did but He knows the right time to do it!
Then during prayer time I had 18 new children accept Jesus into their life! That to me was the best gift I could have recieved this Christmas, there isn't anything better than watching a child come to know Jesus as their best friend. It reminded me this weekend of when I came to know Jesus at the age of 6 and I"m still with it, not perfect but forgiven!
All the children who recieved a bike on Saturday the moms were blown away because they needed them, and the moms couldn't get them one. One little boy said that was on his Christmas list but wasnt' sure if Santa would be able to get it for him but aren't you glad that we don't depend on Santa we depend on JESUS and He supplies all of needs Faithful is our God!
One more testimony was this morning at church there was this little girl who was brand new has never been there before we were praying after our lesson. And she said before I started praying that she wanted to have Jesus as her best friend and I was of course very excited then she said that her brother had died awile back and he went to heaven and she said well you said if I have Jesus in my heart then I'll be able to go to heaven and that is what I want so I can be able to see my brother again! I was blown away and of course started crying. OVERWHELMED with God's blessings!
Sometimes we think that just because they are children they don't have needs or they don't understand but I know that they do. God said let the children come to me. They are so sincere and they know what they want, and not ashamed of it. Sometimes they put adults to shame because they are more on fire for God then the adults who have been saved for along time. We can all learn something from a child if we just take the time to listen and care what they are talking about instead of ignoring them because they are small. So I know this was along post but I'm thankful this Christmas that children learned about Jesus this weekend, Moms/Dads got blessed and I was reminded once again that God is faithful and good

Have a Merry Christmas!~!!!!

No comments: