Monday, January 16, 2012

Where do I belong????

Have you ever asked yourself this question "where do I belong or fit in? " well thats where I'm at today.  Just been struggling with this question. I know that God has a place for me and I know that I do fit somehwere in this puzzle we call life but i've been really struggling with this.
I look at different things and i'm not really fitting in or even think that I belong.  Here are some of those thoughts.....
I have two boys not girls so i dont' fit in that group, my kids go to public school so i dont' fit in to the group of the ones who homeschool, I work outside of the home while kids are in school so i'm not in the group with the stay at home moms, my boys are in elementary and one almost in middle schoool so i dont' fit in with the ones who have small children, i'm 32 and married so i dont' fit in the young people group, I'm 32 with and some of the ones who have middle school aged kids well lets just say not in my age bracket that we would have anything in common, and at work I'm not in that college years with no responsiblities so I dont fit in that group either.  I'm just really struggling with this.  I feel like most of my days I am either alone or I have my boys with me I rarely get to spend time one on one with my husband due to this new schedule which i'm thankful for his new job dont' get me wrong it's just really hard to get time in there with us trying to work our two work scheudles our that we dont' have to get a babysitter for the boys ever, which that dn't happen either. not too many babysitters lined up lol .  I keep telling myself in a few years kristofer will be old enough to watch his brother for a date night or something so I know it will happen.  I just feel really disconnected with everyone and everything makes me wonder was I really ever connected in the first place. 
This is just my thoughts for today praying that God gives me some direction and helps me figure out where do I belong and fit in !

3 comments:

Family of Faith said...

Amanda, I went through something similar to this when Hailey and nick were little because none of my friends or siblings had kids yet and there were nights that i would cry because i felt alone and i felt like i didn't fit in anywhere. So i understand how you feel. but try to remember that no matter what differences we may all have, we are all sisters in christ and that should be the most important thing that we have in common. We may not always be involved in the same activities or be able to do all the same things, but we are still sisters and that is a huge thing to have in common. Love you and I'm thankful to have you in my life.

The Corey Family said...

I think we all go through this. Honestly. Before I had kids, everyone around me had kids and I felt like I just didn't fit in. Now that I have kiddos, they are too little to take everywhere and keep my sanity...so we stay home a lot. It stinks. But you aren't alone. I am learning that whether we realize it or not, every mom feels the same way. We all feel disconnected at times.

As far as date nights go... I am learning you just have to make it work. If you know a couple of weeks in advance, the boys can always come and hang out here for a few hours.

It will get easier. At least, that's what I keep telling myself. : )

Sarah said...

I agree that we all go through this at some point. But you need to know that you are loved and although our schedules don't always work out the way we want them to, you are still a good friend!! :)