Thursday, April 9, 2009

Whats going on

Well not a whole lot has been going on with us, but I do have some great news to share with everyone. Most of you know that in December Jimmy got his pay cut in half which was really crazy, too say the least. But through prayer and being faithful to God, even though life wasn't going the way that we wanted it to, God provided and as of last night he is back on as operator! So I want to thank all those who kept us in your prayers during this time.
It's all about God's timing, not ours. I tried to take matters in my own hands, because I was worried about everything, and I went applying for all these jobs. Not one person ever called me back from those apps I did have one interview but nothing. I was getting upset because I was sure I would get one of those jobs! But God knew what He had planned, and once I stepped out of the picture starting asking God what He wanted me to do and not telling Him what was going to do, it all worked according to His plan and purpose. One of the things that I learned in this time, is that I need to fully trust God not just with some things but with ALL things. Not so easy at times , but well worth it in the end!
I look back over these past few months and I am amazed that we made it I don't have to go in detail but there was times where I was wondering how in the world is this going to happen. I 'm sure everyone knows what that feels like at some point.
I heard this one song it's on Fireproof movie, and it's called "while I'm waiting" by JOhn waller. It's so good, it actually became my theme song these past few months. This song talks about waiting on the Lord, and through it all praising God and walking in obedience with Him while waiting. Not easy at times but it's the only way to do it. Through these past few months I just decided that what ever God wanted to do, I need to let Him do and just walk with Him. So that is really what God has been doing in my life these past few months. Growing isn't always a easy, just like when the kids have those growing pains, it does hurt the same way when God is growing you, but it's well worth it! Here is that song, and everyone have a great Easter and remember to trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not upon your understanding!

1 comment:

Family of Faith said...

This is such an awesome testimony! I'm so happy for you guys! Praise GOD!