Monday, March 14, 2011

Friends like family



I am so thankful for a group of friends that I know will be there anytime I need them. I remember back in high school I know right a long time ago ! But I remember trying to find that group of girls that I could hangout with and be my self . well it wasn't until I got out of high school and in my late 20's that I found a group of friends that have become more to me than a group of friends but more like extended family!
It's a great feeling to know that when I am struggling or having a bad day I can call them and I know that instead of gossiping about me and spreading rumors they pray for me and encourage me. We dont' have to compete with one another to see who can become the popular one or keep up with what each other has, but we rejoice when someone gets something new or something good happens for one of them. It's so much different than when I was younger. Now I realize what it means to have great friends. God knows exactly who we need in our lifes and I thank God for the group of friends that He has given me and I want each one of them to know how much they mean to me!




Proverbs 17:17 MSG " Friends love through all kinds of weather , and families stick together in all kinds of trouble"

3 comments:

Family of Faith said...

Aww, I love you girlie!!!! You are such an awesome friend, more like a sister than a friend!! I thank God for you every day!

Sarah said...

I am thankful for someone I consider my family too. You are a wonderful friend......♥

Kim said...

Aww....I'm glad you are my friend. Love ya!