Sunday, March 27, 2011

blessed in the small things

I just want to take a moment and thank God for the things that we sometimes take forgranted or sometimes over look. Sometimes we get so busy with the business of everyday life that we forget about the small things in life that bring us so many blessings. When life gets so chaotic and we are surrounded by problems or just life issues we can't over look the things that God has blessed us with.
This weekend I spent so much time in cleaning the house and worry about people coming over for a coupon class it consumed me . Honestly does it really matter if we have fingerprints on the coffee table or a few toys on the floor I really dont think so ! It just made me think tonight after looking at my youngest son Kolton and seeing time flies by and how fast they really do grow, in the end it dont' matter how clean my house was or how much money we make or what we buy them that matters. All that matters at the end of the day is did I show my boys how much I love them and did I show them what being a christian is all about. Did I tell them about Jesus and not only tell them but lead by example. Because there will be a day that I will look back and want those fingerprints all over the house and toys that i can step on in the middle of the night on my floor! There will be a time that they will leave and start a family of their own and I will miss all these times that drive me crazy!
We have blessings everyday ;they are in our children sometimes yes they do drive me crazy or wear me completely out but they are blessings!

Let us never take those blessings for granted and always stop and thank God for them

No comments: